The US Department of Justice released a report entitled “Victimization During Household Burglary”. Over a five year period, an estimated 3.7 million burglaries occurred each year on average. In 28% of these crimes, a household member was present during the burglary, and in 7% of these crimes a household member experienced violent victimization.
When a criminal decides to target your home, the most important feature of your security system should be a physical barrier to entry. A burglary that involves an attack or threat of an attack is no longer classified as a property crime or theft; it becomes a personal crime (rape/sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated assault). The key to preventing this type of violent victimization is with a physical barrier to entry.
BEFORE – This seemingly strong door can be easily kicked in.
This entry door looks strong, yet offers only a false sense of security. Burglars routinely enter with one kick and are in a home in less than 10 seconds. The only thing holding this, and almost every residential door out there, is a thin piece of pine in the jamb which virtually explodes inward with even a modest amount of force.
There are a myriad of solutions out there, including purchasing a new reinforced pre-hung security door, but we have designed our Security Screens to allow you to exponentially increase security while keeping your existing doors in place.
In the photo below, you can see our screens installed on both the door and the windows, so this homeowner can enjoy the cool summer breeze while maintaining a safe and virtually impenetrable barrier to entry. These are no ordinary screens, even though they look like a typical insect screen. Our Security Screens are made at our Riot Glass factory in Los Angeles and are as tough as nails.
(See video at the bottom of this post where we put Security Screens to the test.)
AFTER – Security Screens allow you to enjoy the fresh air while maintaining a secure household.
The Benefits of Security Screens
- Provide a strong security barrier to unlawful entry of burglars and intruders while providing homeowners with ease of use, entry, and exit.
- Made extremely strong, secure, and durable to provide years of trouble-free use.
- As an added bonus, our screens keep out the other pesky intruders like flies, mosquitoes, and pests.
- Provide security without compromising a clear and unobstructed view of the outdoors.
- Allow the free flow and circulation of fresh air for your comfort.
- Keep pets and small children safely inside.
- Provide energy savings from reduced need for air-conditioning and add some shading from the sun’s hot rays.
- Block an average of 60% of damaging UV rays.
- Enhances and modernizes the architectural appeal of your home or building.
- Riot Glass products are easily incorporated into almost all types of doors and windows.
- Frames come in nine standard color options: White, Black, Brown, Sahara Brown, Silver, Sahara Gray, Almond, and Bronze.
- Over 60 custom colors available for superior blending with your exterior facade.
Many clients choose Security Screens in addition to other security measures such as alarm systems and surveillance cameras. This is an excellent way to ensure you have the three most important ingredients for success in thwarting a would-be burglar or home invasion robber.
The Security Screens act as a barrier to entry, the alarm will alert police so they are on the way, and the cameras record the event, helping you to better understand what happened after the fact, and often leading to the identification and eventual apprehension of suspects.
Security Screens utilize powder coated stainless steel mesh and exquisite craftsmanship to thwart this determined bad guy.